The NAEM Women’s Leadership Conference is NAEM’s most sought after conference of the year. It’s the only conference that helps women working in corporate EHS&S become better business managers, excellent communicators and strong influencers in order to implement environmental and sustainability initiatives in a largely male dominated field.
With fantastic speakers and top leaders from the EHS&S field and sessions designed specifically to help women advance, everyone will leave feeling inspired, motivated and ready to make a huge impact in their field. This year’s event will have especially great networking opportunities with other high-level EHS&S leaders in relaxed environments like yoga and wine tasting. It’s an event you won’t want to miss!
"While I have attended many NAEM events, the Women's Leadership Roundtable was the first time I had the opportunity to network and share experiences with so many of my women peers, especially in leadership positions. The program was diverse with useful information passed on from female leaders at non-profits, government agencies and multinational companies. However, what impacted me the most was the feeling of community you have when you get several women together sharing their passions, ideas, and mentorship. It was awe inspiring. I came home with a few new friends, several tools, and a whole lot of confidence."
- Lauren Blair, EHS Professional IV; Caterpillar Inc.
Gain Leadership Insight from In-Depth Sessions
The program agenda was developed by a committee of corporate environment, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability leaders to create a dynamic community of female leaders and to cultivate personal leadership skills through targeted learning sessions and discussions.
Just a few of the key take-aways and skill development areas this event will offer include:
- Clearly defining and effectively communicating your value to the organization
- Breeding innovation by cultivating the internal resources to pivot faster and more skillfully
- Sharpening your negotiation skills and learning to better address any situation with confidence
- Empowering your teams to be flexible in identifying, staffing, and responding to needs
Takeaways for Women EHS Leaders at All Career Stages
NAEM's Women's Leadership Conference has value for all women EHS and Sustainability professionals regardless of job title, level, or supervisory role.
For senior women leaders:
- Opportunities to benchmark with other women leading their functions and discuss challenges faced at the director and VP level
- A chance to give back by supporting emerging women leaders in the field via discussion groups and mentoring circles
For women midway through their careers:
- A chance to benchmark with others on how they achieve a work life balance while staying on track with career goals
- Insights into the necessary leadership behaviors and practices required to advance your career to the next level
For women at the start of their careers:
- Opportunities to understand the challenges and solutions being put in place by women at all levels of their careers
- A chance to connect and build a network of other emerging leaders in the field that supports your career path development and cultivates leadership competencies
For all attendees at any point in their career:
- Sessions that will accelerate the development of specific leadership skills and attributes, including credibility, influence, impact and execution
- An opportunity to expand your network with women leaders from NGOs, government and other corporate leaders
Join Women EHS Leaders
See what these women EHS leaders have to say about how their EHS programs are evolving and what they have learned in the process.
For more details, contact Caitlin Wilson, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 986-6616